OPERATIONAL AND WARRANTY TERMS
AND CONDITIONS OF LICON HEAT s.r.o.
Operational and Maintenance Terms and Conditions of LICON products:
- These Operational and Maintenance Terms and Conditions are intended for all persons involved in the installation or commissioning of convection heaters from LICON HEAT s.r.o. (hereinafter referred to as “LICON”), to all other professionals working with convection heaters as well as to end users or operators using these devices.
- LICON convection heaters are manufactured according to state-of-the--art technology and in compliance with recognised safety rules. If the device is not professionally installed and/or commissioned in accordance with the LICON installation instructions or used for the specified purpose, it may result in personal injury or equipment damage or other material damage.
- LICON convection heaters are exclusively designed for interior use (e.g. residential and commercial premises, exhibition spaces, etc.). Using them in wet environments, such as swimming pools, is only possible if expressly stated by the manufacturer for the particular convection heater type and version. Convection heaters cannot be used outside buildings.
- Any use other than that stated in paragraph 3 is considered to be contrary to the specified purpose. The device user is exclusively responsible for any resulting damage.
- Professional expertise in heating, cooling or ventilation, depending on the type of convection heaters is required for the installation of LICON convection heaters. In the case of electrical convection heaters, the device must be properly assembled, connected, installed and operated in accordance with the installation instructions. Electrical components may only be installed by a person with the appropriate electrical certification in accordance with the applicable regulations. The connection must comply with the relevant standards in accordance with the applicable regulations. Under no circumstance shall LICON be liable for damage resulting from unprofessional installation.
- Storage conditions for LICON products:
– LICON products must be stored in a dry environment with a maximum air humidity of 50%;
– LICON products must be stored in a temperature range of 10-30 °C.
- General operational conditions:
– With regard to the purpose of using convection heaters in the interior, it is necessary to adapt the conditions for handling and storing the convection heaters before installing them,
– During installation, construction and subsequent use, convection heaters must be protected against damage and external or internal contamination by building materials, dust, paints, etc.
– Convection heaters must not be operated in an aggressive atmospheric environment (chlorine, ammonia, corrosive substances, other chemicals, etc.) or be cleaned with such substances,
– Convection heaters are designed for hot-water heating systems with a maximum operating pressure of 1.2 MPa and operating temperatures in the range of 5 °C - 110 °C,
– Convection heaters operate on the convection principle, and for their proper operation, it must be ensured that the air intake and exhaust holes circulating the air remain uncovered,
– With the exception of convection heaters specifically intended for use in wet
– environments, long-term exposure to humid air or direct contact of convection heater parts with wet objects must be avoided.
- Operational conditions for wooden grilles:
– The point load of the external wooden grilles corresponds to the grilles load chart in the catalogue,
– External wooden grilles must be protected from the effects of wet environments or water,
– External wooden grilles must be used in a dry environment with a maximum humidity of 30%,
– If the air humidity of the completed building is 60% or higher, the wooden grilles must not be installed.
- Operational conditions for stainless steel products:
– Stainless steel is resistant to only a certain concentration of chlorine. Corrosion may occur already at a concentration of 2 mg/litre and, in addition, it depends on how long the stainless steel material is exposed to the increased concentration of chlorine. We recommend a maximum free chlorine concentration of 1 mg/l;
– The proper water pH must be within the range of 7.2 - 7.6. Any change, especially a decrease in pH, causes water aggressiveness and results in corrosion of stainless steel materials;
– Dissolved salt deposited on the surface of stainless steel prevents oxygen from reaching this surface and also prevents the formation of a passive layer and its regeneration. Electrolysis of kitchen salt (NaCl) causes irreversible damage to all stainless steel materials in the pool,
– Stainless steel products must be regularly washed with clean water,
– If there are any signs of lime deposits or oxidation on the surface of the stainless steel product, the surface of the product must be cleaned with stainless steel cleaner, washed with lukewarm water, dried and preserved with a metal treatment agent (e.g. Silichrom),
– If chemical floor cleaning is carried out, the concentrated chemicals must not get into the stainless steel product,
– Protect stainless steel products against salts, dust and dirt.
- Regular maintenance is required to ensure proper functionality and performance of LICON convection heaters. Maintenance of LICON convection heaters must be carried out in accordance with the installation instructions and these Operational and Maintenance Terms and Conditions.
- The general maintenance terms and conditions are as follows:
– The heat exchanger as well as the fan, if installed, must be checked regularly and kept clean. If they get contaminated, they must be cleaned in a suitable way (e.g. vacuum cleaned carefully),
– For convection heaters fitted with a condensate drain, proper function of the condensate drainage must be tested and checked at least 1x per year,
– For convection heaters supplied by LICON, incl. valves, a visual inspection of valve tightness must be carried out once a year,
– LICON products are subject to regular inspection checks in accordance with applicable regulations.
- LICON reserves the right to change the contents of the Operational and Maintenance Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
Warranty Terms and Conditions for LICON Products:
- LICON HEAT s.r.o. (hereinafter referred to as LICON) provides the following warranty if the terms and conditions below are observed by buyers:
– 2 years from the date of sale, but no more than 3 years from the date of manufacture
– 10 years for heat exchanger leakproofness from the date of manufacture
– The warranty period begins on the date of taxable supply stated in the LICON invoice on the basis of which the product was delivered to a contractual customer or direct end user, or on the date of manufacture indicated on the product barcode. Repair or replacement does not affect the specified warranty periods.
- LICON reserves the right to handle claims made only by contractual partners.
- The warranty applies to devices and spare parts only. LICON reserves the right to decide between repair and replacement of faulty devices or spare parts with equivalent devices or spare parts.
- The buyer is obliged to follow the rules contained in the accompanying installation instructions and generally accepted rules during the installation and use of the product. The warranty is valid only if the device is properly assembled, connected, installed and operated in accordance with the Operational and Maintenance Terms and Conditions of LICON products. Electrical components may only be installed by a person with the appropriate electrical authorisation in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. The connection must comply with the relevant applicable standards.
- The buyer is obliged to check the condition of the product at the time of acceptance from the seller. In the event of damage or incompleteness of the goods, the buyer shall notify LICON of this fact within 3 days of receipt of the goods.
- The seller is liable for any defects in the goods at the time of receipt, and for defects covered by the warranty, and for defects that occur during the warranty period. The seller is not liable for defects for which a discount was granted and of which the buyer was notified during the sale in advance.
- When the buyer accepts the goods from a transport company, the buyer is required to check the condition of the goods delivered. In the event of damage to the product or its packaging, a record of this fact shall be made in the transport documents. Without such a damage record, it will not be possible to claim damage during transport.
- The claim procedure will only be initiated after all required data has been entered into the web application at:
All fields in the claim form are filled in, including the description of the defect at:
After the commencement of the claim procedure, LICON has the right to request the goods the complaint concerns. If requested, these goods must be properly labelled and packed so as not to cause any damage by improper handling or transport. The goods are sent to the company's address:
LICON HEAT s.r.o.
Průmyslová zóna Sever
460 11 Liberec 11
- If, due to a defect in the product, damage to items other than the defective goods occurs, this fact must be reported to LICON without delay, but no later than within five working days of the discovery of the defect.
The claim procedure will be initiated only after all required data has been entered into the web application at:
Documents can also be delivered electronically by e-mail (email@example.com).
All fields in the claim form are filled in, including the description at:
These are, including without limitation:
– The invoice or delivery note number accompanying the goods that were delivered to the contractual customer.
– Photo documentation
– A copy of the invoice or a qualified estimate of the cost of damage caused
– The reference number of the insured event and the insurance company contact details, if the damage was reported to the insurance company by the claimant.
- LICON reserves the right to reject a claim if:
– The goods the claim concerns were delivered to the registered office of the company without the required documents referred to in paragraph 8,
– Damage or incompleteness of delivery was reported after more than three working days after delivery,
– The products the claim concerns were operated or maintained in contradiction to the Operational and Maintenance Terms and Conditions of LICON Products,
– There was unauthorised tampering with the product,
– There are defects resulting from transportation, inappropriate storage in wet or aggressive environments, inappropriate handling, intentional damage or defects resulting from a natural disaster,
– The product was used in an aggressive atmospheric environment (chlorine, caustics, ammonia, etc.) or the product was cleaned with such substances,
– The units the claim concerns were operated using industrial water, steam, chemicals, highly oxygenated water, drained or regularly emptied (the quality and quantity of water in the system must comply with VDI 2035-1 and -2),
– The damage was caused by the formation of lime deposits,
– The damage was caused by improper installation, poor electrical connections, incorrect pressure settings in the heating system, freezing of the heat transfer medium or by any other means not directly related to the LICON product,
– The surface (visual) defect the claim concerns is on products already installed,
– Inappropriate equipment was installed to the goods the claim concerns,
– The goods the claim concerns are installed in such a way that normal access is not possible,
– Other defects that may have resulted from damage or contamination of the product during construction work (damage to fans, control electronics, exchanger plates, grilles etc.),
– The electrical connection of the product was not carried out in accordance with paragraph 4 and the individual control elements were damaged,
– It is a claim concerning the convection heater’s noise, and the product is inadequately installed or its fans are dirty,
– It is a claim concerning the normal wear and tear caused by the operation and use of the product,
– Products not designed for use in wet environments were nonetheless operated there,
– The dimensions of the covering grilles the claim concerns are within the defined production tolerances,
– The slats of the external wooden grilles exhibit colour variations due to the nature of the natural material,
– Wooden grilles were exposed to a wet environment or to water,
– The point load of wooden grilles was more than 55 kg,
– Damage arisen in transport to a contractual customer or to a direct customer, and the customer did not mention this fact in the transport documents of our contractual transport company.
- Acknowledgment of a claim is conditional on the complaining party having initiated a claim procedure with LICON’s contractual dealer, or directly with LICON, in the case of direct purchase of the goods, and having specified the defect of the product. The complaining party has identified the faulty features or described the manifested defects and at the same time communicated the way of remedy of the defect, see points 8 and 9.
- Any repair not covered by the warranty are paid to a service agent based on its current price list.
- In the event that the claim is not recognised as legitimate, the complaining party agrees to pay the costs incurred by the service personnel according to the current service pricelist.
- Any legal disputes are resolved in accordance with Czech law. The Czech law will be applied even if the other party is a subject of another country.
- In case of need of post-warranty service, please contact your LICON sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org