Trench heaters - PKWOC for heating and cooling
• used for heating and cooling of rooms
• high heating and cooling output
• four-pipe systems
• stainless-steel case for condensate drain
• possibility of control through BMS (Building Management System)
• can be ordered in Economic, Exclusive or Inox versions
• the convector is intended for dry environment
|Noisiness – acoustic pressure 1m||dB(A)||0||28,6||33,1||39,3||0||28,9||33,5||39,8||0||29,3||34||40,4||0||29,6||34,4||40,9||0||29,9||34,8||41,4|
|Max. input/voltage DC||W/V||9,5/12-24||14/12-24||18,5/12-24||23/12-24|| |
|Cooling output W||t1°C / hum.%|
|Heat output W/EN 442||t1°C|
Correction factor kt
for a variant temperature
difference Δt (K)
Standard delivery contains
Profiles of aluminium frames
Standard design – U frame
Standard PK design contains silver U profile. Profile colour is equal with grid colour, for other colours.
Selectable version – F frame
When the selectable frame F is ordered, it is attached separately to convector (not installed on convector). Frame colours are identical with aluminium grid colours.
* For all manufactured lengths of PKWOC 13/34 the average distance for the connection is 195 mm.
* In case of floor convector PKWOC 13/34 the linear floor grid could not be manufactured as a standard product. Previous consultation is necessary and if possible the convector case is adapted.
Convector installation – construction part Licon PKWOC
Convector installation – construction recommendations Several general principles must be fulfilled to ensure proper functioning of the convector.
• A properly installed element has the exchanger located further away from the window.
• It is recommended to use the standard stainless-steel hoses with stainless-steel jacketing which always form a part of the delivery (unless recommended otherwise) for interconnecting the exchanger and the distributing pipeline. In practice they provide a better access under the heat exchanger without having to dismantle the heating system, e.g. during cleaning.
• We recommend connecting the heating system with the use of stop valves and a thermostatic valve.
• Always connect the supply of the heat-carrying medium to the heat exchanger's pipe that is further away from the fan. In case of the 34 cm width the OR-J3 heat exchanger is used; the heatcarrying medium enters through one pipe and leaves through another one.
• The PKWOC exchanger is a four pipe unit; one circuit feeds the heating circuit and the other one the cooling circuit.
• Properly installed convector is laid horizontally with the convector's case edges intact and not bent to ensure correct function of the walkable grid and the bleeding of the exchanger possible.
• Correctly installed convector's decorative frame is at the floor level with a margin of +2 mm.
• We recommend to keep the cover plate on the convector for the entire duration of the building work to prevent any dirt falling inside the convector. The standard plate is not walkable, but a plate with increased load bearing capacity can be ordered.
• The fans set is held down to the convector's case using magnets. In case of the stainless steel version the set of fans will be mounted using dry zips. This system allows you to remove the fans from the convector during the installation to avoid their damage or soiling, etc. They can be easily taken out for cleaning also during standard operation.
•The floor convector must be firmly set in the floor. The setting screws are only used for horizontal levelling of the convector case.
• Before concreting the convector must be fixed to the floor using anchoring screws that will prevent vertical shifting of the convector during subsequent pouring of concrete. When the concrete is poured the convector can be loaded vertically. During concreting the convector must be cross-braced to prevent deformation of the case. When pouring other material (e. g. anhydride) seal thoroughly all openings of the convector to prevent it from flooding.
• The convector's PKBOC setting screw consists of a flag used as a ground anchor. This type does not contain anchors.
• We recommend the fixing and sound proof insulation to be done in such a way that will allow a thin concrete to be poured to the convector's bottom and its sides. Optimal noise reduction is achieved by direct embedding of the convector in concrete.
• Installing the fan convector in free space can result in increased noise, therefore we recommend to order a case with noise absorbing foil.
• Installation into double layer floors is described later.
• Cooled convectors (PKIOC, PKWOC) have built-in as standard a water (condensate) drain. During the installation do not forget to interconnect the case at the bottom of the convector with a pipeline with guaranteed gradient for wastewater or condensate removal. We recommend to equip the drain with an odour trap.
• Convectors PKBOC are intended for use in swimming pool areas. The separation barrier is used to capture water from the pool, but cannot serve as the standard pool water overflow. This part is always placed closer to the pool. The heating part with the exchanger and fans must be always further away from the pool. The convector is provided with drainage holes in each corner, 2×. Installation, operation and maintenance of this equipment require special conditions. Please read them thoroughly on our website or in the manual.
Caution: Floor convector PKBOC with forced convection must be positioned so as to prevent even short term flooding of the section fitted with the motor and the fans.
- Installation by embedding in concrete
- Installation in low double floor
- Installation in raised double floor
Weights and water volumes
|steel kg/linear meter||14,5|
|stainless steel kg/linear meter||12,2|
|heating circuit l/linear meter||0,3|
|cooling circuit l/linear meter||1|
12-V convector regulation - termination of sale
Starting from March 2020 we terminate production and sale of 12-V convector regulation. This type of regulation can by fully replaced by 24-V version. This regulation is safe and fulfills all requirements and functions our convectors demand.
Thank you for your understanding.
For more information, don't hesitate to contact us.